VILLAGE OF AMBOISE
Le Vieux Manoir 13 rue Rabelais 37400 Amboise
Stroll through the ancient medieval streets of Amboise or rent bicycles to explore the local vineyards or some of the nearby villages
MAP OF THE REGION
Le Vieux Manoir in Amboise, is located in the very heart of the chateaux country. A 30 minute drive takes you to Chenonceau and all the other chateaux, with the exception of Valencay, are within an hours drive. You can drive yourself or take a tour that leaves Amboise daily. See Useful Links for the name and web address of the local tour company. Don’t forget that the Loire Valley wines are celebrated worldwide. Follow the fascinating wine routes where the sparkling whites of Vouvray and Montlouis, and fruity reds of Chinon and Bourgueil await.
Directions to Le Vieux Manoir
If you are going directly to Le Vieux Manoir after arriving in France, you have several options.
If you arrive at Charles de Gaulle Airport
- Rent a car and drive directly to Amboise. Ask the rental agency to direct you to Autoroute A10 to the south. Follow the signs toward Bordeaux. It is about 260 Km to Amboise from the airport and will take about 2-1/2 to 3hours. Use Exit 18 from Autoroute A10 and follow the signs to Amboise.
- Take the TGV (high speed train) to St. Pierre des Corps (about 1 hour 40 minutes) and then take the local train to Amboise (about 15 minutes). It is a short taxi ride from the train station to Le Vieux Manoir.Another option is to take the TGV to St. Pierre des Corps and rent a car there or in Tours.
- Take the airport bus to Paris and take the regular train from Austerlitz Station directly to Amboise, (between 2 and 2-3/4 hours depending on the train).
If you arrive at Orly Airportt, you have the following options:
- Rent a car and drive directly to Amboise. Ask the rental agency to direct you to Autoroute A10 to the south. Follow the signs toward Bordeaux. It is about 220 Km from Orly to Amboise and will take about 2 to 2-1/2 hours. Use Exit 18 from Autoroute A10 and follow the signs to Amboise.
- Take the airport bus to Paris and take the regular train from Austerlitz Station as described above.
- Take the airport bus to Paris and take the TGV from Montparnasse Station to St. Pierre des Corps (about 1 hour) and then take the local train to Amboise.
Please check the SNCF train schedules in our Useful Links section for the dates and time of day you wish to travel. Reservations can also be made by calling Rail Europe at 1-800-438-7245 or through your travel agent.